Effective Date: January 1, 2023
What information do we collect?
- Information you provide to us when you use our Services, including your contact details, activity and performance, information about actions taken at a merchant so that we can recommend the best product to you; bank details.
- Information collected through the computers and devices you use to access our Services, including their location.
- With your prior consent, we may also collect or allow authorized service providers to collect information about the geolocation of your mobile device.
How do we use your personal information?
|How your information is used||Why your information is used|
||Where you have given us your consent for these uses.|
We have legitimate business interests in carrying out these activities and it may not be possible for us to obtain your consent. We protect your rights by informing you of this use, your rights while limiting the amount of information we use only to what is necessary to achieve these objectives.
Who do we share your information with?
- Other Ciclissimo companies: We share information with our subsidiaries when they are entitled to receive such information under applicable laws.
- Third Party Service Providers: We engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Services such as processing payments, sending emails, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and responding to customer service requests.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired or merged with another company, we will share your personal information with that company.
How long do we keep your information?
We retain your information for as long as you have an account with us or are an active Ciclissimo customer. Once you have deleted your account or no longer use our products and services, we only retain your information if it is necessary to fulfill our legal obligations or if it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
Your rights and choices
We offer you the possibility of refusing promotional messages and advertising targeted to your areas of interest. If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to:
- Access the information we have about you and request that we correct or update it as needed.
- Ask for a copy of the information we have about you.
- Request that we delete the information we hold about you.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your information or request that we limit how we use your information.
What information do we collect?
Information You Give Us: We, or our service providers (acting on our behalf), collect “Personal Information” (information that alone or in combination with other information can be used to identify you) that you provide to us. , such as your first and last name, gender, photo, email address, telephone number(s), postal address, postal code, billing address, age, date of birth, profile, location information, activity information and performance, avatar, weight, height, e-bike specific information, emergency contact details and, if required, banking information.
We collect information from you when you:
- Place an order for our Services;
- Return an item or make an exchange;
- You inform about our services;
- Create an account through our Services;
- Sign up to receive email updates or to receive our newsletter and/or advertisements;
- Register and use your bike;
- Participate in a contest or sweepstakes;
- Use a Service that requests information about your location;
- We are referred through a commercial promotion; Where
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event.
Information Collected Automatically: When you visit or interact with us, the Services, and our third-party service providers, we use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how you access and use the Services (“Information of use”). Usage information includes:
- Your IP address or other identifier for your device.
- Device type.
- Your location.
- The type of browser software and operating system you are using.
- The web pages you accessed and the time you accessed them.
We also automatically collect certain other information, including:
- information about your purchases and your purchase history;
- the frequency of trips on your bike;
- place of departure and place of arrival of your journeys;
- energy consumption during your journeys;
- errors that have occurred in relation to the bicycle battery;
- the serial numbers of the motors and bicycles and the version of the equipment you use;
- rider behavior (using analytics), preferences, ride history, performance statistics (eg length of rides, distance traveled);
- elevation gain and loss, rider power, cadence, speed, average speed and elevation gain uphill;
- data from chat features; and
- Billing history, log data and error reports.
Google Analytics: We use a tool called « Google Analytics » to collect information about your internet usage. For example, how often you visit our site, the pages you visit and other sites you may have visited before coming to our site. We use Google Analytics to better understand how our services are used and to help us improve our products and services. Although Google Analytics places a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this site, the cookie can only be used by Google. To opt out of Google Analytics, please use Google’s opt out tool: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do Not Track: Currently, the Service is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent from your browser.
How do we use your personal data?
We use the information we collect about you to provide you with products and services, to improve your experience and enforce our rights.
We use the personal information we collect about you:
To perform our obligations under the contract between us. For example:
- If you purchase goods using the Services, we will need to use your personal information to process your order and to enable delivery;
- If you ask us to recommend products to you based on your settings, we will need to use your personal information which enables us to recommend products to you which we believe would be most suitable for you;
When we have a legitimate interest in doing so. For example:
- To prevent fraud and protect the security of our Services;
- To perform our obligations under our Terms of Service;
- Notify of updates and improvements;
- Carry out market studies;
- Develop and optimize our products and services;
- To let you know when your bike needs maintenance;
- To understand how a specific e-bike works, for example, if errors are recorded, Ciclissimo will identify the specific e-bike and send patches and software updates to that particular e-bike to resolve the error;
- To help us provide and operate the Service; and
- To comply with our legal obligations.
If you have purchased products and services from us, we may also send you marketing communications about similar products and services.
With your consent. For example:
- We send you certain marketing communications only if you agree to receive them.
- We do not share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes without your consent.
- If you consent, we use your health information to provide you with statistics and visualizations representing key data points like heart rate.
- We will retain your personal information if you consent to act as an emergency contact for a friend or family member who has one of our smart helmets.
- With your consent, we use your information to personalize your Ciclissimo experience, including: to personalize the content, advertisements and offers we provide to you.
Who do we share your information with?
We share your information with our affiliates as well as our service providers. We will also share your information if we reorganize our business. We will share personal information as necessary to enforce our legal rights or to meet our legal obligations.
We share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Third-Party Service Provider Companies: We use third-party companies to help us provide the Services to you. The third party companies we use for payment processing, email, marketing, customer service and other services will access your personal information to help us provide these Services to you. We will provide your personal information to these third-party Service Provider companies when the information is necessary for them to perform their functions. For example, we will share bank details and credit card information with payment providers who process Rider payments (if applicable).
- Business Transfer: We will share your Personal Information if we are acquired through a merger with another company or if we reorganize our business.
- With third parties, when necessary for legal reasons: We transfer and disclose your personal information to third parties when we must do so in order to comply with a legal requirement or to comply with legal process, in order to s ensure that you comply with our Terms of Service or other applicable policies, to investigate possible fraud, or to resolve any security or technical issues with the Services.
Links to Third-Party Providers or Third-Party Companies
We link to sites operated by other parties, but we are not responsible for their privacy practices. If you link your Ciclissimo account with your account on another site or service, we will have access to the information you shared with that third party.
You can choose to link your Ciclissimo account to your accounts with third-party services, such as Strava or Facebook. If you do this, Ciclissimo has access to information that you agreed to make available to the third party, such as profile information and account preferences. You can control the information received by Ciclissimo via the privacy settings of the third-party account.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
The Services are not designed or intended for children. As such, we do not knowingly process personal information of children under the age of 16.
Retention of your personal data
We keep your information for as long as you have a Ciclissimo account or are an active Ciclissimo customer. After you delete your account or no longer use our products and Services, we only retain your information to fulfill our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or take other actions permitted by law.
We generally store information associated with your account until it is no longer necessary to provide the Services to you, until you ask us to delete it, or until your account is deleted, as first eventuality; but there are some exceptions to this general rule. We will retain information from deleted accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect charges, resolve disputes, troubleshoot certain issues, assist in investigations, process warranty claims, distribute important product information (such as recalls ) and enforce our agreements, and any other actions permitted by law.
You may request deletion of your personal information at any time by contacting our Data Privacy Specialist using the contact details set out below.
We use technical and organizational security measures to protect your information, but we cannot guarantee that they are 100% effective.
We use a variety of current technologies and processes and maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards for the protection of our customer data. We maintain a private database on our servers for storage of all information collected through our Services. It is our practice to use encryption whenever we receive or transmit sensitive data. We use encryption technology to ensure the secure transmission of the personal information you provide while using our Services. All transactions conducted through our Services are conducted using 2048-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. We will take all steps we deem appropriate to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction, and, where possible, we will require any third party to whom we may transfer your information to take comparable measures to protect that security. Although we are committed to taking all possible measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal information, we cannot guarantee that your information will always be secure.
Email is not a secure means of communication. Please do not email us your credit card number, social security number, or other personal information.
Your rights and choices
We offer you the ability to block promotional messages and interest-based advertising. If you are in the European Economic Area, you have the right to access the information we have about you, as well as the right to request that we correct it, complete it, erase it, stop using it or transfer it to you. .
You may stop receiving promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communications you receive.
You can review and block tracking cookies for any business participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice program at see http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
If you are in the EU, you have certain rights relating to the personal information we hold about you:
- Access. You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy or description of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us. In any case, we may ask you to verify your identity and provide further details of your request.
- Precision. We will do our best to ensure that the personal information we maintain about you is accurate. We may from time to time send you an email update to remind you to notify us of any updates or changes to your personal information. You have the right to request that any inaccurate personal information be corrected and any incomplete information completed by contacting our Data Privacy Specialist using the contact details set out below.
- Removal and processing of restriction requests. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. If you would like us to erase or stop processing the Personal Information we hold about you, please contact our Data Privacy Specialist using the contact details set out below.
- Portability requests. You have the right to request that we provide you with certain parts of your personal information or transmit it directly to another company that processes personal information. If you would like us to transfer your personal information, please contact our Data Privacy Specialist using the contact details set out below.
- Withdrawal of your consent to receive commercial messages. You can ask us to stop using your personal information for advertising or marketing purposes at any time. If you wish to do so, please follow the removal instructions in any communication you receive, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line.
We may change our privacy practices, and we’ll update this page when we do, so be sure to check back periodically.
Queries or Complaints
Please contact us if you have any questions. If you are unhappy with the way we use your personal information, you can lodge a complaint with our data privacy specialist or with the data protection authority in your country.
To contact us :
You can contact our “GDPR / Confidentiality” specialist
48, Route de Thonon